Thursday, July 19, 2012

Devdas (2002)

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0238936/

Devdas (2002)
This film may be considered one of the most depressing films some of my close friends and family have seen in their lives. I beg to differ. I found it a beautiful love story, and although not exactly a romantic comedy - it was a love story between a man and a woman where obstacles of family and circumstance get in the way of them carrying out their life-long dream to be together. There were many cultural aspects to the story that I didn't understand, but I enjoyed the music and dancing thoroughly throughout the film.

This is beautiful film full of romance and strife, colour and music - definitely an eventful film. I'll give it three and a half stars. If you like romance, tragedy, music and dancing, watch this film!

No comments:

Post a Comment